Sunday, June 25, 2006

Where I'm at with my game

Hello everyone and welcome to my impersonal golf blog/journal. I am a hacker and a slacker, new to the game, but planning on maybe going pro someday. I started playing about 2 months ago, my boss/buddy got me into the game, sold me his father in laws partially used clubs, and took me out a few times to play. I scored a VERY generous 120 (probably a 130-138 without mulligans) at a course called the goose hummock, which has a slope rating of 129 for the white t's. For those who don't play golf; that is the average mens t's, each t is a different difficulty rating, and a different distance from the green. This course is rated as difficult due to 15 of the 18 holes having water hazards. I usually lose between 5 and 12 balls each time I go out.

Since the first time I went out I have gone again twice, scoring a 118 then a 108, so I would say I have improved a fair bit. I have gone to the driving range at the Victoria Municipal Range here in Edmonton a few times, though due to my schedule I am unable to go as often as I would like.

I will be posting something new every time I go out to play or just go to the driving range, whether it being ramblings about my frustrations, or insights into the game in general, so check back often.

4 Comments:

Blogger arlee said...

Sounds like fun! I always figured a sense of humour was necessary for golf----either that or a TOTAL lack of one :}

9:05 AM  
Blogger mediaguru @ HookedOnGolfBlog.com said...

A golf blog called golfing hoser from Canada?

What's that all aboot aye?

Welcome to the blogosphere.

10:54 PM  
Blogger GolfingHoser said...

Well I figured it would be a good way to keep people from mistaking me for an Amerrrican huh ;).

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Richard said...

Thanks for not mentioning my terrible score when we played.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home